Monday, September 02, 2013

Excerpt of the day

From The Church of Fear: Inside the Weird World of Scientology by John Sweeney

I used to be a war reporter. From Algeria, Bosnia and Chechnya to Zimbabwe I have been shelled, shot at, bombed, arrested, threatened and a Serb devotee of Slobodan Milosevic once stuck two sticks of dynamite up my nose. But never, ever, in all my times in all those wars have I felt under such harrowing psychological pressure as I did inside the brainwashing section of the Church of Scientology's exhibition, 'Psychiatry: The Industry of Death' on Sunset Boulevard in LA in the spring of 2007.
I previously wrote about the incident Sweeney is referencing, here.

1 comment:

luKpo said...

Hey, I love this blog... I don't see why there are no comments in here, being it so active!

check my blog for some mind tools... and I wouldn't mind if you dropped some nice quotes around in the comments sections.